Pavehall Plc is a general building contractor, working in both the public and the private market sectors on property refurbishment, estate regeneration, alteration and improvement works to existing buildings, as well as preventative maintenance.
Operating mainly in refurbishment, we recognise that our activities have an impact upon our surroundings in terms of asset recycling, waste generation, the use of raw materials, and emissions to air and water. We are committed to improving all aspects of our construction process and seek through the integration of environmental management with our other business systems to minimize the impact our activities have on the environment.
This policy is an integral part of good working practice and is provided to all staff, suppliers and sub contractors to make them aware of the importance the Directors place on environmental issues.
The specific aims of this policy are to:
- Ensure the policy is understood by all employees and self employed employees, implemented and maintained for all Company operations.
- Carry out annual environmental audit of all aspects of the Company?s undertakings to ensure effective implementation of the environmental policy.
- Ensure that all our employees and self employed employees are aware of the potential environmental effects of their activities and the benefits from improved practices.
- Provide our employees with appropriate environmental training in order to reduce waste
- Comply with applicable legislation, consents and codes issued at European, National and Local levels, and adopt a proactive approach to future requirements.
- Minimise waste wherever practicable, and where waste is inevitable, ensure segregation and reuse or recycling rather than general disposal.
- Commit to continuous improvement of our environmental performance and prevention of pollution where reasonably practicable.
- Carry out environmental impact analysis for design undertakings where applicable.
- Ensure this policy is displayed on Company notice boards and is publicly available upon request.
- Ensure that our policy is circulated to our supply chain and to examine their policies and procedures when assessing them for inclusion on our approved list of suppliers.
- Carry out near miss reporting on environmental incidents
This Policy is reviewed annually and re-issued to all staff, sub contractors, suppliers and places of work. The next review date is September 2011.